Our goal is to attract and retain talented and dedicated employees by providing a friendly and collaborative work environment that offers meaningful career opportunities, competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package, and various professional and personal development opportunities.
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bryn Athyn College’s mission of the student employment program is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build practical skills particular to a certain function and general skills such as punctuality, discipline, honesty, thoroughness, teamwork, and problem solving. This experiential education is a key aspect of a student’s educational experience.
POSITION: ANC Dining Hall Floor Care Position
WHERE: ANC Secondary School Dining Hall
WHEN: Friday, Saturday, Sunday afternoons or following dinner
HOURS: 6 hrs/week
PAY: $8.50 per hour
For students new to the Student Employment Program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Must be reliable, able to accomplish tasks independently, and be in good academic standing. Will train: no experience necessary.
Send application to [email protected]
POSITION: Stand-By Work Crew
POSITIONS OPEN: 8 – 12: hired on as-needed basis / on call only
WHERE: Campus of BA College, ANC Secondary School, BA Church School
WHEN: Anytime needed
HOURS: As-needed basis
PAY: $10.00 per hour 8 AM – 8 PM
$15 per hour outside the above times, weekends, holidays.
The Consolidated Plant Operations (CPO) seeks student workers to work on an as-needed basis as on-call employees. Participants on this crew may be called upon to help with a number of situations that arise during the school year. Workers should be able to comfortably lift 50 pounds and work in cold, windy, wet, and slippery/icy conditions. Working hours may include weekends, late nights, or early mornings, as is often the case during a snowstorm. If selected, you may be contacted by any number of supervisors and asked if you are available. It is understood you may have other campus employment.
- Moving furniture or other items
- Setting up for functions
- Leaf removal
- Snow removal
- Other duties as required by the Director of Campus Services
Must be currently enrolled as a student of Bryn Athyn College and in good academic standing. Applicants should be friendly, reliable, punctual, and comfortable dealing with employees at all levels, students, and visitors. Applicants must be very dependable, have the ability to follow instructions, and display a sense of professionalism at all times while on duty.
Interested applicants should complete a student application and submit a resume to Jody Maddock, Director of Campus Services, at inter-office Box 278, or at [email protected]. Applications accepted until positions are filled.
FACULTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
STAFF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Academy of the New Church Archives is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic employee to work on the archival description of collections related to nineteenth and early twentieth century New Church history. This is a grant-funded, part-time, temporary position, for a fixed number of hours. This position is not eligible for benefits. The Archives Project Assistant is responsible for basic description of existing collections of papers from early New Church bishops. While this project has been funded annually for several years, there is no guarantee that funding will be available in the future. This position reports to the Academy Archivist.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
Perform basic arrangement of a small pre-existing archival collection according to professional standards. Write item level description for creator’s correspondence into archives management software. Work to be completed at Swedenborg Library or Glencairn Museum during daytime hours. Exact schedule to be determined by mutual agreement of the Academy Archivist and prospective employee. Attention to detail is critical.
Criteria & Preferred Qualifications
- Associate Degree (AA) or higher in History preferred
- Familiarity with, or interest in, the history of the Academy of the New Church and the General Church of the New Jerusalem
- Ability to work with minimal supervision after initial training
- Able to work 8-12 hours each week for approximately 300 total hours, work to be completed between July 15, 2015 and March 31, 2016
- Professional appearance and dress
- Ability to communicate with clarity and accuracy
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
Technical Skills Required/Preferred:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High level of competency in written English language
- Familiarity with archival metadata is required
- Experience with archival management system software is preferred
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to Gregory Jackson, Archives & Special Collections, Glencairn Museum.
Email: [email protected]
Duties and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of and passion for the sport of soccer
- Ability to lead, motivate, and communicate with student athletes
- Commitment and dedication to academic success
- Strong organizational and developmental skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to conduct practices and manage game strategy
- Organize recruiting materials and identify potential prospects
- Develop recruiting strategy and maintain contact with recruits
- Develop a conditioning program along with practices
- Collaborate with the Director of Athletics to organize and administer team equipment purchases and distribution/collection
- Meet with players during the season and conduct post-season interviews
- Maintain accurate record keeping and transparency within the program
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and NEAC rules and regulations
- Assist the sports information director with in-game statistics and game story writing
- Additional duties as assigned and reassessed by the Director of Athletics
The head coach is expected to support and enhance the focus of Bryn Athyn College Athletics on building a program that fosters commitment, sportsmanship, and charity.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree, previous coaching experience in a NCAA school, a successful record as a coach, and demonstrated success in recruiting student-athletes. The approximate starting salary will be competitive in the benchmarked peers and offers an excellent benefits package. Bryn Athyn College is a NCAA Division III provisional member, as well as a full member in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC).
This offer is contingent upon a criminal background check including a child protection clearance. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to Matthew Kennedy, Director of Athletics, Bryn Athyn College, College Dr., Box 717, Bryn Athyn, PA 19009, or to [email protected].
Bryn Athyn College is accepting applications for the full-time, benefit-eligible position of Assistant Athletic Trainer. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2015. The successful candidate will assist in the administration of a quality sports medicine program for intercollegiate athletics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration of a quality co-ed Sports Medicine Program for intercollegiate sports
- Assist in the care of all student-athletes, including but not limited to: injury prevention, evaluation, management, treatment of injuries, short-term and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries, education and counseling of student-athletes, and athletics related healthcare administration in consultation with and under the supervision of the team Physician and other qualified medical personnel
- Assist in the supervision of student athletic trainers
- Assist in the management of the athletic training room during regular office hours, referring injuries to the appropriate medical facilities
- Prepare and maintain appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required following all NCAA, HIPPA, and NATA guidelines
- Monitor preexisting health conditions of student-athletes involved in intercollegiate athletics
- Provide medical services during games and practices, home and away, throughout the regular school year and vacation periods whenever necessary
- Responsible for communicating to student-athletes and coaches the Department’s health insurance policies
- Provide general athletic training room services
- Report directly to the Head Athletic Trainer
- Other related administrative and committee duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and previous athletic training experience at an NCAA school. The approximate starting salary will be competitive and offers an excellent benefits package. Bryn Athyn College is an NCAA Division III provisional member, as well as a full member in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC).
This offer is contingent upon a criminal background check including a child protection clearance. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references to Scott Jones, Head Athletic Trainer, Bryn Athyn College, College Dr., Box 717, Bryn Athyn, PA 19009, or to [email protected].
Our employees are a vital part of the College community, contributing to the growth and success of the College. Thank you for your interest in Bryn Athyn College. If you have any questions, please contact us at 267-502-6038 or email [email protected].