Kristin King began her tenure as Bryn Athyn College president on April 1st, 2011 after serving as interim president since June 2010. As an Associate Professor of English at Bryn Athyn College for 15 years, Dr. King taught British, American, and World Literature, as well as writing. During this time she served in many administrative roles, including Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Director of the English Major, Director of the Writing Program, Chair of the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee, and Head of the Humanities Division.
Dr. King received a bachelor’s degree in English from the College of William and Mary. Following graduate study at Christ’s College in Cambridge, England, Dr. King earned master’s and doctoral degrees in English Literature from Boston University.
She is a Henry James scholar and author of Gardens of Heaven and Earth.
Presidential Addresses and Compositions
- President’s Update – Winter 2015: As Dr. King steps down from the presidency, she reflects on how the College has expanded as an institution of higher education while remaining committed to New Church teachings and values.
- President’s Update – Fall 2014: “We bring the Fall Term to a close with much to be thankful for at this time of year.”
Welcome & Farewell Addresses
President Kristin King welcomes new students in the Glencairn Great Hall:
- Graduation Farewell 2014
- New Students Welcome 2013
- Graduation Farewell 2013
- New Students Welcome 2012
- Graduation Farewell 2012
- New Students Welcome 2011
- Graduation Farewell 2011
- New Students Welcome 2010
State of the College Addresses – March 2013
President Kristin King addresses the Board, Faculty, and Staff:
President Kristin King addresses the Bryn Athyn College Alumni Association: