Test Credit Information
The College gives advanced standing and academic credit for some Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) tests, and also for some College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) work. Each case will be considered individually.
Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Credit
Bryn Athyn grants credit for a number of AP and IB tests. A complete list of AP tests for which credit is given and the scores needed to obtain credit is provided here:
For information on IB test credits, please contact Jacqueline McFall, Registrar.
College-Level Examination Program Policy
Bryn Athyn College accepts as many as 12 CLEP credits toward Bryn Athyn baccalaureate degrees (of a total 33 credits permitted of combined AP, IB, & CLEP). CLEP credit is accepted according to the following guidelines:
- Score of 50 or higher
- Accepted as 100-level elective credit in the designated discipline
- Limited to 3 credits per subject area (some schools award 6 credits for certain areas)
- The following areas are not accepted:
- general examinations (only subject examinations)
- humanities subject area
- international language (we award credit only for college coursework)
- Students may seek CLEP credit for work done prior to enrollment at Bryn Athyn but may not pursue CLEP credit after beginning course work at the College (one term is allowed to address paper work and record keeping).
- CLEP may not be used to replace, duplicate, or challenge a course grade