Our advising program is part of the personalized educational experience you’ll find at Bryn Athyn. Our advisors do more than just sign off on your course registration. They take their role as advisor seriously and will take time to get to know you, your strengths, your goals, even your life outside the classroom. You’ll meet regularly one-on-one with your advisor, who will ask questions about your goals, offer suggestions, and challenge you to explore your potential.
And you’ll get all the attention you need because, on average, each advisor at Bryn Athyn is only assigned ten students.
You will begin with a first year advisor and switch to a professor in your area of study once you declare a major.
The purpose of academic advising at Bryn Athyn is to connect you with a full-time faculty member who supports you in designing and pursuing a course of study tailored to your career choices and life goals.
Your advisor can help by:
- Assisting you in clarifying your career/life goals
- Working together to make decisions about your course of study, possible internships, service, and study abroad
- Facilitating communication with other campus departments and other individuals involved in your education
- Monitoring your academic progress
- Providing information about educational options, requirements, policies, and procedures
What’s your role?
- Communicate with and get to know your academic advisor, meeting at least once per term to register for the next term
- Tell your advisor about any academic concerns
- Become familiar with academic requirements, procedures, policies, and course offerings
- Take responsibility for your academic choices