Tools and Tutorials
ACE Program: Bryn Athyn College’s Academic Career Excellence (ACE) Program is designed to help students develop time-management and college-level study skills. First-year students are encouraged to participate, but all students are welcome to take advantage of the ACE Program’s supported self-study and the benefits of our Math, Research, and Writing Centers.
I-Link, the Swedenborg Library’s electronic catalog, provides access to the collections of the Swedenborg Library and also to collections held elsewhere on campus.
The Empower is a teaching tool for IL skills.
Intute’s Virtual Training Suite provides free Internet tutorials to help students learn how to best use the Web for education and research.
James Madison University Libraries has collected thirteen ‘learning objects’– digital tools for expanding skills in four different areas.
CITATION AND STYLE LINKS
- Citing Sources Guide
- APA Style Documentation
- Chicago Style Documentation
- MLA Style Documentation
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
- Citation Machine
- U.S. Copyright Office
- ACRL Information Literacy Standards: step-by-step guides for classroom implementation.
- Network of Illinois Learning Resources in Community Colleges offers a useful set of tools for IL assessment.
- Project SAILS (Standardized Assessment of Information Literacy Skills) provides an online test that assesses IL skills.