Applying to Bryn Athyn
At Bryn Athyn College, we take a holistic approach to evaluating applications. Of course, we take high school transcripts and standardized test scores into account, but our Admissions Committee also carefully considers essays, recommendations, and personal interviews when determining whether an applicant will be a good fit for Bryn Athyn College.
Candidates for admission to Bryn Athyn College should have solid academic backgrounds and should also be interested in contributing positively to the moral and religious life of our college. The Admissions Committee selects candidates who seem best suited for personal and academic success at Bryn Athyn College.
Required Documents for Admission
Required of all (not Renewals ):
- Completed Online Application (or PDF)
- Application Essay
- Official secondary school transcript(s)
- SAT and/or ACT
- Recommendation Form (or PDF)
Transfer students only:
- College Transcript(s)
International students only:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- International Student Certification of Finances (PDF)
Bryn Athyn College students are inquisitive and engaged learners. Freshmen offered admission to Bryn Athyn College have generally taken part in college preparatory programs at their secondary schools. The following represents the minimum academic preparation standards expected of applicants for admission to Bryn Athyn College.
- English: 4 years (including Composition and Literature)
- Mathematics: 3 years (including Algebra I & II and Geometry)
- History/Social Science: 3 years
- Natural Science: 3 years
- Foreign Language: 2 years (in one language)
- Minimum TOEFL score: 520 (paper), 190 (computer-based), 70 (internet-based) (international students only)
- Minimum IELTS score: 5.5 (international students only)
In addition to strong academic backgrounds, a good candidate for admission to Bryn Athyn will also demonstrate an interest in contributing to the life of the college and the betterment of the world. We are a religious college based on strong spiritual principles, and students with integrity, self-motivation, and strong personal values in addition to academic drive make excellent candidates for admission.
ADVANCED STANDING AND CREDIT
At Bryn Athyn College we give advanced standing and academic credit to students whose scores on Advanced Placement (AP) tests meet our criteria or who have participated in the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) Program. | Test Credit Details