Welcome to Bryn Athyn College! We are pleased that you will be joining our student body in August. Whether this is your first college experience or you are a transfer student, our two-part orientation program is designed to help you become academically and socially acclimated to the Bryn Athyn College campus community.
This page is designed for students who have already been accepted into Bryn Athyn College for Fall 2013-2014 and have confirmed their plans by filling out an Intent to Enroll Form and paying the $200.00 enrollment deposit. If you have not yet done so, submit your Enrollment Deposit online, or print the PDF and mail in your payment. You can also fax your form to 267-502-2593, and call the admissions office to pay by phone, 267-502-6000.
Start your "New Student Checklist" below by completing the first step: register for Orientation Session One, and review the schedule for Orientation Session Two - Aug ust 24-27. (for the complete Academic Calendar, click here)
Please go through the following "New Student Checklist", and make sure you have completed all of the steps necessary prior to your arrival on campus. Print the PDF Checklist to make sure you have completed all of the steps necessary prior to your arrival.
Orientation (Sessions One and Two) — Required of All New Students
• All students are required to register for Orientation - Sessions One and Two.
Session One: (One-day Session)
There are two one-day orientation/registration options for new students for students to choose from. All new students, both resident and non-resident (including transfer) are required to attend one of these sessions during the summer. The dates of the sessions are Friday, June 28th and Saturday, August 3rd - from 9:00am-3:00pm. Note that pre-registration is required. See the online link below to sign up. During your one-day orientation/ course registration, you will be able to register for courses, get your student id, register you vehicle (if applicable), set up your school email account, and meet with the Financial Aid and Bursar’s offices. You will also be able to meet with Admissions staff for a “forms check-up”, to verify receipt of all necessary forms.
It is highly recommended that students bring their laptops to this session.
It would be helpful to review course offerings and requirements before your session. Detailed course schedules will be available in the online pdf. 2013-14 Schedule of Courses booklet in late April. Information concerning the core program, residency requirements, and degree programs are available online in the Undergraduate Student Handbook (PDF) and the Programs and Organization (PDF) publication.
Parents are welcome to attend the session with their son/daughter and meet informally with the Dean of Academics, Dean of Students, or Dean of Admissions.
Session Two: (Four-day Session)
Our Orientation Part Two Program takes place Saturday through Tuesday, August 24 - 27th. All the orientation sessions are required of new students, resident and non-resident (including transfer). Non-resident students should plan to attend orientation for all of the dates listed.
• Please print the Medical Form (PDF), and have your physician fill out and mail to the address listed on the form by June 15th.
• Please fill out the online TB Screening Questionaire required of all students on an annual basis.
• Students are not permitted to move onto campus, attend classes, or register for classes at orientation until her/his Medical Form (PDF) and TB Screening Questionaire have been reviewed and cleared by the student health center staff. These forms are due by June 15th.
Many doctors' offices schedule appointments several weeks or even months in advance. Students who are unable to schedule an appointment before the June 15 deadline could instead go to their current physician’s office and ask the office to fill in the immunization history on Bryn Athyn College's medical form. Physicians' offices are able usually to do this in less than a week. Once the immunization information is entered on the form by the physician's office then a student may use a service such as a "CVS Minute Clinic" to complete the remaining physician's portion of the medical form. The cost for this service at a minute clinic or similar service is usually in the range of 50-80 dollars.
CVS Minute Clinics - http://www.minuteclinic.com/
Walgreens Take-Care Clinic - http://takecarehealth.com/locations.aspx
Emergency Contact Information
• Fill out the online Emergency Contact Information Form. This form is required for all students on an annual basis.
You may also want to print this list of important phone numbers and email addresses
• If you are seeking financial aid of any kind, make sure that you have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submitted it to Bryn Athyn College (CEEB code: 003228).
• Pennsylvania residents only: if you are seeking state aid, make sure that you have released your FAFSA to the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA).
• Students seeking student loans: first time borrowers are required to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
• If you would like to set up an extended payment plan for tuition and fees, consult Tuition Management Systems, Inc.
• All incoming, enrolled, full-time students are required to come to campus with a laptop.
• If you'd like to participate in athletics, please visit our Sports Medicine page..
• Please print and sign the Residence Policies Form (PDF) and mail it with your housing security deposit of $250.00 to the address listed on the form.
• Submit the Roommate Questionnaire (PDF).
• Print the Packing List (PDF) to use as a worksheet.