At Bryn Athyn College, there are many ways to get involved in musical groups, casually, in organized clubs, and with our formal choirs and orchestras.
There are many opportunities to express musical talent at Bryn Athyn—from formal choirs at Bryn Athyn Cathedral, to energetic rock groups in the Mitchell Performing Arts Center, to open mic nights at the Social Center. On-campus musical opportunities include:
- College Chorale – Our college chorale, which is open to all Bryn Athyn College students, regularly performs classical, folk, spiritual, and vocal jazz.
- Bryn Athyn Cathedral Choir – This classical sacred choral music experience that sings for Bryn Athyn Cathedral worship services.
- College Musicals – Each winter the College stages a play or musical in the Mitchell Center, and student musicians are invited to participate in every performance.
- A Cappella – Bryn Athyn College has had a number of different A cappella groups over the years, including all womens’, all mens’, and mixed groups.
- Bryn Athyn College ROCKS! – This student-faculty rock group performs main-stage tribute fundraising concerts.
At Bryn Athyn, one of the most popular venues for instrumental music is in cooperation with our Chapel Program. Many students lend their instrumental talents to provide music for our Wednesday and Friday chapel services in Pendleton Hall. Participation in the program may include regular performances or occasional appearances.
Students with serious instrumental music inclinations are welcome to audition for the Bryn Athyn Orchestra, a community organization that performs at the Mitchell Center once each season.
In addition to our formal musical opportunities, there are many venues for musical performance on campus—from our monthly Open Mic nights to our Spring Music Festival.