Office of Disability Resources
The Office of Disability Resources at Bryn Athyn College helps to ensure equal educational access and opportunity for all members of our community. Members of the ODR staff work individually with each student to understand his or her strengths and limitations in order to develop their most effective and comprehensive accommodation plan.
In addition to working in a direct service capacity with our students, the Office of Disability Resources also collaborates with administrators, faculty, and staff to ensure that the facilitation of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with documented disabilities is provided. Bryn Athyn will offer reasonable and appropriate accommodations to assist otherwise qualified persons in achieving access to its programs, services, and facilities. Documentation must be submitted to ODR and an intake appointment is conducted to develop an accommodation plan directly with the student in accordance with Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
We believe that our policies and mission carry out the intent of Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act, which states:
“No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States, as defined in section 7(20), shall solely by reason of his or her disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students with disabilities have a right to:
- Reasonable accommodations, appropriate academic adjustments, auxiliary aids and services as necessary.
- Privacy with regards to disability-related information, except as disclosures required or permitted by law.
- Equal access to programs, activities, courses and services.
Students with disabilities have the responsibility to:
- Meet all academic requirements of the College.
- Disclose their disability to the Disability Services office as early as possible to ensure timely accommodation arrangements.
- Provide the required documentation of disability.
- Arrange meetings with their professors to discuss accommodation letters provided by the Student Disability Service.
- Follow the procedures for requesting accommodations every semester.