Kristine is a speech-language pathologist (SLP) who is certified through the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and licensed in the state of Pennsylvania. With over 20 years of experience, she has cared for individuals across the lifespan both in the medical and educational settings. As a SLP, she specializes in the identification and management of dysphagia (swallowing disorders) as it presents in medically complex individuals, specifically intellectually disabled (ID) adults. Her passion for teaching and learning inspired her to earn a doctoral degree and dedicate her research to improving the outcomes of caregiver training in dysphagia.
Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology (SLP-D) Northwestern University (Graduation March 18 2021), Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania 2000, Bachelor.of Arts in Communication Science and Disorders, Wayne State University 1998
• Farrow, M., and Goldynia, K., Missing the Forest Through the Trees. The Identification and Management
of Dysphagia in the Intellectually Disabled Adult. Northern Speech Services, 3-hour
(virtual) Short Course (Scheduled for release 06/2021)
• Goldynia, K., A View From the Other Side of the Lab Coat. A commentary focusing on the perspective of learning to live with a paralyzed vocal cord as a speech language pathologist. Home Health Care Now., January/February 2018, Issue 01, pg 63-64
• Goldynia, K., Speech and Language IEP for The Classroom Teacher, Guest Lecture Bryn Athyn College, Department of Education, SpEd 212, 2016
• Goldynia, K., Language Development Ages 5-9 yrs. Of Age, Guest Lecture Bryn Athyn College, Department of Education, Education 273, 2016
• Goldynia, K., Speech and Language Support for the Classroom Teacher, Guest Lecture Bryn Athyn College, Department of Education, SpEd 212, 12/2016
• Goldynia, K., Lectures to Nursing Students: A Basic Understanding of Swallowing Problems, University of Michigan School of Nursing 2003.
• Goldynia, K., A Basic Understanding of Swallowing Problems, Oral Presentation for Nursing Students of the University of Michigan School of Nursing, 2001
• Molrine, C., and Goldynia, K., Children’s Expressive Language, Gains One-Year Post Tympanostomy Tube Placement. Poster Session presented at the American Speech and Hearing Association Annual Conference. San Francisco, CA, 11/1999
• O’Leary, K.S., Foster, C. and Goldynia, K., Phonological, Awareness and Reading Development in Children with Communication Impairments. Poster Session presented at the Annual Meeting of the Michigan Speech-Language Hearing Association. Grand Rapids, MI, 1998
• Kristine has earned two ASHA ACE Awards for continuing education in dysphagia.
• Certificate of Clinical Competence American Speech-Language Hearing Association 2000
Areas of Expertise/Interest
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL) in Speech-Language Pathology
Curriculum/Course Development in Higher Education within Speech-Language Pathology
Dysphagia in Medically Complex; Specifically ID Adults
Caregiver Training in Dysphagia
Multilevel Dysphagia Program Development for Organizations Providing Care to Individuals with Dysphagia