Student Employment Opportunities
Student Employment Opportunities
Bryn Athyn College’s mission of the Student Employment Program (SEP) is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build practical skills particular to a certain function and general skills such as punctuality, discipline, honesty, thoroughness, teamwork, and problem solving. This experiential education is a key aspect of a student’s educational experience.
The Department of Athletics at Bryn Athyn College is looking for highly motivated student workers to assist the Athletic Department with game day operations. The work will range from set up to breakdown for game days, putting away equipment, cleaning up the athletic venues, assisting the table, multimedia production, and live stat crew. Game Day Workers assist in set-up, operation, and tear down of athletic events during the fall, winter and spring sport seasons. Duties include, but are not limited to: setting up field or court for games, providing assistance during contest in areas such as concessions, ticket operations, sport-specific activities (i.e. ball shagging, equipment operations), post-game tear down, clean up and securing of equipment, assistance with activities before, during or immediately following contests, and routine clean-up of athletic venues. Punctuality and attention to detail are critical; duties may involve lifting up to 50 lbs and working in warm or cold outdoor temperatures; hours vary based on home game days for fall, winter, and spring and are based on scheduled contest. Hours usually occur M-Fr between 3:00 pm and 11:00 pm and Saturdays between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm.
To apply, submit an SEP application with your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Gardening is a fun, wholesome, rejuvenating and a spiritual experience for many. On the Bryn Athyn College Garden Crew, we work with sustainable practices while enhancing the aesthetic beauty of the campus. We approach gardening holistically, and thus your experience on the crew will be well rounded. We plant, weed, and maintain the flower and vegetable production gardens on the college campus. This is an outdoor job and the crew will work in the heat and cold, get dirty, work around bees, and various plant material. The work can range from detail oriented work such as weeding and tending beds to heavy work such as using weed whackers and mulching. You will want to wear clothes that are appropriate for such work (closed toe and heel shoes). If hired, bring plenty of water to keep hydrated, even when it’s colder. This is seasonal work (spring through autumn; summer work is available to local students).
- 5-10 hours/wk, mornings, March through November (summer work is available to local students)
- Punctuality, ability to stay on task, work with integrity, and complete given tasks with efficiency and quality; take initiative and pride in your work
- Keep track of tools, use them safely and appropriately, and return them when done
- Report any damage to the tools, equipment, or gardens to the supervisor
- Dress appropriately (closed shoes, shorts must come to mid-thigh or longer, shirts w/sleeves must be worn)
- Give supervisor 48 hours notice by text, call, or in person if you will miss a shift
- Keep on top of your academic work; it is your responsibility to balance employment with your school assignments
Interested applicants are invited to complete an SEP application (attached) and submit it with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Students new to the College’s Student Employment Program (SEP) are required to complete all employment forms, while students who have worked for BAC previously must complete just a new W-4 and new Residency Certification Form prior to their first day of work each year.
- Student Employment Application
- New SEP workers will be instructed to complete employment forms via online onboarding through our payroll system portal, with the exception of the I-9 form. New SEP workers are required to submit a completed I-9 form and show original ID to the Director of Human Resources as soon as possible after their start date. Acceptable ID is listed on p 3 of the form: I-9 Form
- Student Interview Scorecard – for supervisor use only
SEP workers are a vital part of the College community, contributing to the growth and success of the College and adding a valuable skill set to their personal wheelhouse. If you have any questions, please contact us at 267-502-6038 or email email@example.com.